1861 Blog- Edward Dunn

The war, as far as I know, is not faring too well. Repeatedly, we have lost again and again to those damned Rebels. We have lost again and again. Lexington, Wilson Creek, Bull Run, how many more? The fervor is dying, can we keep on going. My brothers seem more distant than ever. To reach them, to win a battle seems all the more daunting. I need more chances to fight. No need to romanticize my duty, even in war, we negroes are being discriminated against in every way! How is it, when we are fighting in the midst of this war, should we not be deemed as expendable after all? Give me a chance to fight! To be candid, I have seen little action. With my regiment being treated as reserves, we feel disconnected.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1865, I can’t find words

Hard Tack - 1862

1864 Blog- Edward Dunn