Corporal Blackburn - Enlistment

Dear Family,

I don't know when I will be home. Quite frankly I don't care about slavery, all that matters to me making a living with you all with me. I've been given the rank of Corporal (haven't the faintest clue why, but at least I'm not a Private, right?), and assigned the the Black Thorn regiment.

Everyone seems to think I'm shady (I know their right, but still), and I really don't care, not who they are, not what their religion is (our commanding officer won't shut up about that bible of his), and not what family they have. The only people that matter to me are my father, my wife, and that beautiful child on it's way. And the only thing about them that I care about is how deep their pockets are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1865, I can’t find words

Hard Tack - 1862

1864 Blog- Edward Dunn