1865, I can’t find words

Dear, Kathryn 

My English has been gettin better, and so has da civil war 
I’ve been feelin better, with more food. But as da war is dissolving into its ends, it feels like the tearible memorys of flashbacks take over my sleep and dreams, turning it into nightmares.

But I am glad to say, the Union has prettty much won. April 2, 1865, my brothers and I taken over Richmond and made the city fallen. Later on, as what I’ve heard our final battle was at Saylor’s Creek. Da union outnumbered General Lee. 

General Grant and Lee should meet up in a few days, by the time you recivee this letter,
The meetin might have possibly passed. 

The war is dying, but I’m glad it is.
For I got no words, I’m flooded with shock but let our chained brother be free.


Your husband,


(Private) Wilson. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corporal Blackburn - 1861

1865 post- Edward Dunn